This office provides in-house legal services to the Board of County Commissioners, the County's numerous advisory boards and committees created by the Board of County Commissioners and the various departments within county government.
Other functions of the County Attorney's Office include:
- iinitiation and defense of litigation at the judicial and administrative level
- drafting and revising ordinances and resolutions for consideration by the Board
- assisting in the drafting and review of contracts
- participating in contract negotiations
- reviewing and revising personnel policies
- attending staff meetings where legal advice is required
This office also monitors the continual evolution of the law, both statutory and that which is created by judicial decisions, in an effort to ensure that the County remains in compliance with all laws and codes.