1st Vice Chairperson
County Commission District 4
Commissioner Rebecca Bays was elected to the Board of County Commission in November 2010 and currently serves as First Vice Chairperson.
She also currently serves as:
- Chair of the Tourist Development Council
- Secretary of the Tampa Bay Area Regional Transportation Authority (TBARTA) Executive Board and Chair of their Legislative Committee
- Representative for Citrus County to the Medical Examiner’s Office
- Chairperson of the Transportation Planning Organization
- Board liaison for the Agricultural Alliance of Citrus County
- Member of the Withlacoochee Regional Water Supply Authority
- Serves on the Florida Association of Counties Legislative Committee as the Co-Chair for the Growth, Environmental Planning, Agriculture, and Transportation Committee.
Commissioner Bays spent a number of years in the Banking Industry Trust Division and, consequently, is well-versed in the needs of and demands placed on private investors and businesses, both large and small.
Currently, she is the owner of various businesses in Citrus County. Her professional experiences make her uniquely qualified to recognize, understand, and resolve the often competing challenges faced by citizens, current and prospective business owners, and the environmental well-being of Citrus County.
Commissioner Bays has also been a diligent and dedicated advocate for Citrus County, its residents, and natural resources, as evidenced by her active involvement in the following local organizations:
- Board of Directors for the Citrus County Chamber of Commerce, where, as a member she promotes businesses within the community and is slated to be the 2015 President
- Member of the Coastal Conservation Association
- Member of the Citrus Economic Development Council
- Member of the Citrus County Builders Association
Commissioner Bays and her husband, Mike (a long-time Citrus County State Farm Agency owner and local business entrepreneur), are avid boaters, bow hunters, and outdoor enthusiasts. They presently attend the Seven Rivers Presbyterian Church in Lecanto.
She is honored to serve as your commissioner.