Housing Services is dedicated to increasing the quantity and quality of decent, safe, and affordable housing for Citrus County's moderate, low, and very low income families.
This division administers state and federally funded housing programs for home repairs and improvements, provides subsidies to first time homebuyers for downpayments and closing costs, provides rental assistance, coordinates grant awards to affordable housing developers for new construction of homes for very low income and special needs families, as well as for affordable rental developments, and provides grant subsidies for utility connections and emergency energy assistance.
Fire Protection Assessment Applications
In accordance with Resolution 2013-115 Section 4, Citrus County has created a Hardship Assistance Program to assist residential property owners, who meet eligibility criteria, with the financial burden created by the imposition of the Municipal Services Benefit Unit for Fire Protection Assessment that was approved on July 23, 2013.
- Emergency Home Repair Assistance
- First Time Home Buyers Program
- Homes for Sale - (NSP)
- Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Home Repairs for Low Income Families
- Mortgage Assistance (Florida Hardest-Hit Program)
- Rental Assistance (Section 8)
- Water and Sewer Connection Assistance