"March for Meals" Campaign. This is the 13th annual March for Meals fundraising effort to raise awareness of the needs of local seniors. On March 3, 10, 24th and 31st, from 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm, the Inverness and Crystal River Applebee's locations will be donating 10% of their food and beverage sales to the Meals on Wheels program for Citrus County from customers who present the attached flyer. Please share with family and friends.
- 03/24/15: Hwy. 491 Corridor Improvements Workshop
- 03/24/15: Energy Conservation Project Savings for County Buildings
- 03/13/15: The 2015 deadline is two weeks away for filing of Tangible Personal Property Tax Returns. The completed return may be hand delivered or mailed and postmarked no later than Wednesday, April 1, 2015. Tax Returns received or post marked after April 1, 2015 are considered late, which may result in filing penalties and loss of your $25,000 exemption on Tangible Personal Property. The Tangible Personal Property Department for the Citrus County Property Appraiser is located in the West Citrus Center, 1540 N. Meadowcrest Blvd., Crystal River, FL. You may also contact the office by phone at 352-564-7150, 352-564-7152 or 352-564-7154.
- 03/09/15: County Accepting Applications for Hardship Assistance for Fire Protection Assessment
- 02/02/15: The Environmental Preservation & Conservation Committee is currently reviewing projects across the state during this legislative session. To voice your opinion on local preservation and conservation projects, such as the clean-up of Kings Bay and the Crystal River, please log on to http://www.flsenate.gov/Media/Topics/wlc to leave your comments or mail a letter to Environmental Preservation & Conservation Committee at 404 S. Monroe Street Tallahassee, FL 32399-1100.
- 01/12/15: County Accepting Applications for Mobile Home Park or RV Park Vacancy Adjustment for Fire Protection Assessment
To explore all that Citrus County has to offer, request a copy of our Visitors Guide Request.
- Get some "Hot Deals" at VisitCitrus.com for local restaurants, hotels and activity discounts
- Find ways to save water inside your home.
- Seniors on the Move program invites you to go shopping, to the movies, go out to eat, find out more!
- Learn about Health & Nutrition at the Senior Centers
- You can search for a county park or beach by amenity or city.