The Purchasing section coordinates the County's purchasing function including administration of the County's solicitation process; reviews and approves requisitions for the purchase of commodities and services and contract administration.
- Solicitations - (Demandstar)
Onvia's DemandStar® streamlines the procurement process by allowing vendors and contractors to find and respond to agencies’ bid notices and RFPs electronically.
- Solicitations - (County Public Bids)
- Surplus Auction - (GovDeals)
Process & Policies
- Purchasing Policy (Administrative Regulation)
- Purchasing Process
- Purchasing and Procurement for Local Bidders - (Ordinance)
- Sec. 2-210. Definition
- Sec. 2-211. Local preference in purchasing and contracting
- Sec. 2-212. Exceptions to local preference policy
- Sec. 2-213. Application and enforcement of preference policy
- Sec. 2-214. Promulgation of rules
It is very important that the Board of County Commissioners spend funds that are collected from taxpayers and obtained through state and federal grants in a fiscally responsible manner.
To facilitate this, Purchasing ensures that all commodities and services are procured at the lowest possible cost in accordance with applicable federal, state and local regulations.