Applications Now Being Accepted for Mobile Home Park or RV Park Vacancy Adjustment for Fire Protection Assessment.
Effective October 1, 2014:
As determined by The BOCC by Resolution, an Interim Fire Service Assessment Fee will be calculated, and paid for, PRIOR to the issuance of the Certificate of Occupancy, for new single family residences, new mobile homes and new non-residential buildings. The Certificate of Occupancy will not be issued if the Interim Fire Assessment Fee is not paid. >more...
Private Road Maintenance Program
At the July 8, 2014 Board of County Commissioners meeting, an administrative regulation that provides for a maintenance program for private roads was approved.
The administrative regulation describes the program by which citizens that reside on a private road may petition the County to provide improvements and/or maintenance to their road, funded through a special assessment. The total costs associated with said road improvements and/or maintenance, which includes construction, engineering, administrative, interest and financing costs, and other direct costs and fees, shall be borne by special assessments levied against benefiting property owners.
The Land Section offers a wide range of professional real estate services for the Board of County Commissioners, the Department of Public Works and other County Departments in a cost effective, coordinated and reliable manner. The Land Section only works with County owned properties and properties that the County is acquiring.
Responsibilities for Land section include:
- Maintaining an inventory of all real property owned by Citrus County
- Coordinates identification of County owned surplus real property and if there is no public need, arranges for the disposition of surplus property according to Administrative Regulation 8.03-2
- Oversees Property Donations:
- To be acceptable for donation, all property must be free of any outstanding liens, mortgages, assessments and taxes
- Land Section coordinates with other Departments to determine a public need for the property. If your lot can be accepted, you will be asked to execute and return a warranty deed and a notarized statement that the property is being conveyed free and clear of all mortgages, liens, assessments and taxes
- Any person or entity holding real property in the form of a partnership, limited partnership, corporation, trust, or any form of representative capacity whatsoever for others must complete a Disclosure of Beneficial Interest Form pursuant to Florida Statutes 286.23
- Land Section will provide you with the documents; however, we cannot advise you if your donation will be tax deductible. Please contact your local Internal Revenue Service Office and/or your State Income Tax agency
- Street Identification Signage on Private Roads - Administrative Regulation 11.09-1
- Municipal Service Benefit Units (MSBU) and Special Assessment Districts
- Fire Protection Service MSBU Interim Assessments
- Non-Ad Valorem MSBU Summary Report
- Road Improvement and/or maintenance MSBU's - Administrative Regulation 11.13
- Street Lighting Municipal Service Street Lighting Units - Administrative Regulation 11.08-1
- Water & Wastewater MSBU’s
(Various water quality programs may be available whereby the improvement costs are borne by the benefited property owners)